The Joint Standing Committee on Commerce, Industry and Banking (JSCCIB) comprising of the Board of Trade of Thailand, the Federation of Thai Industries and the Thai Banker?s Association has organized its annual seminar on:
The Joint Standing Committee on Commerce, Industry and Banking (JSCCIB)
with cooperation of
The Joint Foreign Chambers of Commerce in
Thursday, July 15, 2010, at 08.30-12.00 hours
At Mahisorn Hall,
Members of foreign Chambers of Commerce are cordially invited to attend the event, please kindly circulate the invitation to your chambers members for their interest.
For reservation please contact MTCC office Tel No. 02 677 7393 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 9 July 2010.
0800-0830 hrs. Registration
830-845 . Welcome Remarks
Dr. Prasarn Trairatvorakul,
Chairman, The Joint Standing Committee on Commerce, Industry and Banking
Chairman, The Thai Bankers? Association
0845-0915 hrs. Opening Remarks
H.E. Mr. Abhisit Vejjajiva, Prime Minister of
0915-1015 hrs. Session 1 : Panel Discussion on ?Ease of Doing Business in
– Trade and investment impediments affecting both local and foreign investors? decision.
– Main criteria to improve the country?s ?Ease of Doing Business?
– How to comply with the required international standards and the forthcoming standards.
– Mr. Mathew A. Verghis, Lead Economist, The World Bank
– Mr. Nandor G.von der Luehe, Chairman, The Joint Foreign Chambers of Commerce in Thailand (JFCCT)
– Mr. Payungsak Chartsutipol, Chairman, The Federation of Thai Industries
– Mr. Dusit Nontanakorn, Chairman, The Board of Trade of
Moderator: Mr. Phongsak Assakul, Vice Chairman, The Board of Trade of
1015-1130 hrs. Session 2 : Panel Discussion on ? New Paradigm of Development with full participation?
– How has income distribution changed over the past decades?
– Short and long term strategies to narrow the income gaps : welfare measures and productivity improvement
– National Committee with broad participation to map out policy, measures and target to eradicate poverty and narrow income gaps
– Propose this as National Agenda
– Dr. Somchai Jitsuchon, Research Director, Macroeconomic Department and Income Distribution, Thailand Development Research Institute (TDRI)
– Mr. Jean-Pierre Verbiest, Country Director,
– Mr. Voranai Vanijaka, Coordinating ?editor, Bangkok Post
– Mr. Arin Jira,
Co-Chair, ASEAN Business Advisory Council
Deputy Secretary General, The Federation of Thai Industries
1130-1145 hrs. Session 3 : Summary and Recommendation
Dr. Twatchai Yongkittikul, Secretary General, The Thai Bankers? Association
1145-1200 hrs. Closing Remarks
H.E. Dr. Trirong Suwannakhiri, Deputy Prime Minister